Sunday, November 11, 2007

Pray for Immortal TiVo

I don't know what we'll do when the TiVo eventually conks out. It was a gift, and at the time, you could pay a single amount for a lifetime-of-the-unit subscription to the TiVo service. The subscription was part of the gift. I know the service now "doesn't cost that much" per month, but it's SOMEthing new that we would have to add on to our monthly expenses if it ever came time to get another one. I see this as such a luxury item, I don't know if I could justify the expense. After all, we could be putting away that $20/mo towards our retirement or Belle's education, and I think my values structure is such that that's what I'd want to do. Unfortunately, I think I would clash with D over this, because as much as I do love the TiVo, I think D believes that he NEEDS the TiVo, education and retirement be damned.
So my affection for the TiVo these days is bittersweet, because when the end comes, it will bring a domestic shitstorm. For now, though, I'm enjoying new shows whenever I feel like it, and the occasional Xena rerun.

No comments: