Thursday, August 16, 2007

Chick Flicks, George Clooney, ....and Optimus Prime?

I live in a great neighborhood for being a new mom. I can walk into town, where there's a maternity center with new mom classes and breastfeeding supplies and clothing, and I can take an even longer walk to get to the local movie house where they have a "parent movie" every Monday afternoon. I'm subscribed to the email where I can vote on what the next week's movie will be, and I had a bit of a laugh when i saw the options for next week. To give some perspective, the last 5 weeks, the movies have been: Evening, Ocean's Thirteen (twice), and Waitress (twice).
Here's the latest selection:
Once, Rescue Dawn, Shrek the 3rd, Surf's Up, Transformers.
It's great that they give us a full selection of what they can offer, but I think it's probably unnecessary to include Transformers, no?
Well, having said that, I'm sure I'll be proven wrong and it will end up being this Monday's movie. If that happens, I'll post an update, and we'll all have a good laugh.

8/19 UPDATE:
"Once" beat out Shrek at 36% to 34%. Transformers did come in third at 15%.

No comments: