Monday, April 23, 2007

Update from the frontlines

Finally, I wrote someone an email worth recycling.

Our goal is to have everything ready (as ready as clueless pre-parents can be) by May 1st. That way, I can while away the last three weeks without crucial projects like room preparation, etc. hanging over my head. I've just started the stage of third trimester when the tiredness sets back in, and there have lately been a few Fun-With-Hormones mood swings. Also, my ankles. They are so swollen.

Baby seems to be enjoying her stay in Hotel Me. She doesn't kick - she just kind of squirms. But maybe those are kicks, just dulled by my excess fluid. I'm really looking forward to lightening, when she drops. For several months now, she's been wedging her foot up by my right rib - it's a pain. I expect it will feel good to have her sitting a little lower, though I don't look forward to all the bathroom trips and the increased pelvic spread that will come. Like my pelvis isn't weird enough already.

P.S. Are you watching Robin Hood yet? I would call his demeanor in this last episode "adorably tortured."

No comments: