Saturday, November 17, 2007

Reusable Breast Pads: Gerber

I'm going to write some product reviews to pass the time in NaBloPoMo. First I'm going to talk about all the different reusable breast pads I have. Run while you can.
I like the reusable ones - I throw them in a lingerie bag for the wash,

Gerber Reusable Breast Pads
I like these! You'd think they're cheap or something because they're available everywhere and not expensive, but they're pretty good. They are the thinnest I have, and not too noticable under clothing. They're relatively waterproof, though if you're having a leaky day, you'll get what I call "the eclipse effect", which is where you get wet spots in a circle around the outside of where the breast pad is. This is due to what is the weak point of these pads: they are not very absorbent. I recommend them for any time except the first 1-2 months after the baby's born.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I LOVE the Gerber "breast therapy" heat packs! Yes, ok, they're just like any other gel hot/cold pack, except that they're round, with a hole in the middle! Very, very useful.