Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I don't know which Spock I need

Belle has two little points on her ear. I first noticed them in the hospital when she was first born, and I thought maybe it was the kind of thing that would go away over time, but it hasn't. Sometimes I try to feel my own ears to see if she got it from me, or what. I think it's the kind of thing only a mom would notice; nobody's ever said anything about them to me.
Eventually, though, Belle will notice them, and I have these terrible flash-forwards to an eleven-year-old screaming at me:
I hate my ears, Mom, and I hate YOU!

1 comment:

MissoulaChick said...

She got it from our side of the family. I have a prominent white cartilage pointy spot on my left ear- always have. Noone but me has ever noticed, to my knowledge.

So now you know. You went 29 years without realizing that all this time, I have a pointy ear thing!