Monday, July 30, 2007

Mixed Feelings

I'm torn between wishing this page had an RSS feed I could subscribe to,
and a sense of relief that it doesn't.
It's a list of all the non-toy children's products that are being recalled, including furniture and clothing. It's funny that the clothing people keep forgetting that drawstrings are always a strangulation hazard. I suppose it's sad that parents keep forgetting, too.
Caveat emptor, dumbasses, it's clothing with a built-in rope.

Anyway, the list can be kind of upsetting, especially if you have a Baby Bjorn Active or a Fisher-Price Rainforest Swing.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I saw those "baby bling" pacifiers covered in crystals for sale in a boutique, and thought to myself, "That looks dangerous!" Guess I was right!

I've got a stack of those product registration postcards I haven't sent back yet, so that I could be notified by the companies of any recalls. I should really do that . . .

adrienne said...

Asha on parenthacks.com pointed out the CPSC's RSS feeds (they're hard to notice):
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/rss.html

They also have weekly podcasts:
http://www.cpsc.gov/mp3.html

so you can get the bad news via audio.

It's simply amazing what makes the recall list.