Tuesday, May 15, 2007

These PUPPs are NOT adorable.

I have developed something called PUPPs, or PUPPPs, depending where you look. WARNING: graphic photos of hives at links. Sounds cute, but they're actually itchy hives that develop late in pregnancy, and don't go away until after delivery. In my case, they're showing up in the stretchmarks above my bellybutton. So not only do I have dramatic, striating stretchmarks all over my lower stomach, now some of them are inhabited by angry, itchy red bumps. Luckily, I am allowed to use anti-itch cream on them.
This does not actually feel lucky to me.
I would rather not have itchy hives in my disfiguring stretchmarks, is all I'm saying.
And yes, that's right, the on-call doc I spoke with did indeed assure me that they will not go away until after delivery. I guess that's one more reason to look forward to delivery.

2 comments:

MissoulaChick said...

To me, this is starting to sound like the "green grass grows all around" song. There is a baby, The prettiest baby, that you ever did see.. And the baby is in the belly, belly is polyhydramnios, polyhydramnios causing stretch marks, stretch marks are causing hives, hives are causing itching, itching requires creams, and the green grass grows all around.

Karianna said...

Not too much longer, now...