Monday, April 09, 2007

Little Ado about Nothing

It's been a while since I've posted; there just hasn't been much to say. I did get in quite a bit of TV watching this weekend, between chores, though, and here are my thoughts on some of my favorite shows that are currently showing new episodes:

  • On Tyra's model show (whose name I will eshew to avoid showing up in google searches), I'm worried we're going to have to be subjected to the models having to use their stupid new 'model names' the rest of the season. Also, I'm looking forward to seeing some improvement in Brittany's hair, because that is so sad what has happened there, and she's been a real trooper about it.
  • The BBCA's new show Robin Hood: I can't stop thinking about that hottie, Robin Hood. D's cool with that because he can, in return, crush on Marian. Also, we both agree that the real Robin Hood would be utterly repulsive in terms of hygeine, living in the woods in the 12th century. I also think that the actor who plays him looks skinny and weasely when not in character. Marian is, however, adorable, even if she did wear an enviable saffron cardigan that seemed anachronistically modern in design in the last episode. Also, one could imagine that an actual Marian probably didn't smell like shit all the time.
  • The BBC's new style mavens for the 2007 season of What Not To Wear are terrible. In replacing Trinny and Susannah, they also tweaked the format, and now we don't get to see the victims' wardrobes getting trashed, and they do a lot less at explaining the rules for what styles on clothing to look for, focusing more on the color. I'm taking it off the TiVo's season pass.
  • I got really tired of Six Feet Under (on Bravo), and skipped about 5 episodes to watch the series finale, which was enough closure for me, so I erased all the skipped ones and took that off season pass as well. It was just not that interesting of a show.
  • 30 Rock used to suck and now it doesn't suck. It's like The Portriat Of Dorian Gray Studio 60.
  • I used to not watch Lost, but now I like Lost, but I can't talk about Lost, because D's about 7 episodes behind.
  • I tried The New Adventures Of Old Christine, but the laugh track made it utterly intolerable.

No comments: