Friday, February 16, 2007

Answering the Craving Question

It seems that everyone else's craving is to ask me about my food cravings.
Below is the latest response I have given. If I develop any new cravings during the rest of my pregnancy, or ever, I promise I'll post an update.

In my first trimester, when I was nauseated, I developed an affection for pickles. That wore off when the nausea subsided. These days, I don't know if it's a craving, but I really like breakfast foods. Specifically, I would rather have fresh fruit than a salty snack, and after 8 years of generally avoiding cereal, I'm all about my old-school favorite: Product 19. Every so often I'll treat myself to Corn Pops, but mostly it's P19 or granola. And for snacks, apples, pears, grapefruit, or I'll make a fruit salad. Sometimes I'll make pancakes. I made them for dinner once; that was awesome.
Other than the pancakes, it's all weirdly healthy of me.
I don't have any big aversions; I'll pretty much eat anything I ate before, except for all the stuff I'm not supposed to eat when pregnant.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Product 19 is made out of people.
PEOPLE!!

Karianna said...

wow. that is so healthful.

#1 was made of quarter pounders with cheese and spicy tofu vegetables

#2 was made of croissants and lemon-lime soda.

I drank "Ensure" because I knew I was so very bad otherwise.