Friday, July 20, 2007

Media Blackout

I'm initiating a total media blackout starting tonight and continuing until I finish reading the new Harry Potter. I'm not surfing the internet, listening to the radio, and I might not even answer my phone. Honestly, I don't even trust my Mom not to start a conversation with something awful like "So, were you sad when Hermione died?"

This media blackout will take a while, because D's reading the book first. We're taking turns, because SOMEbody has to watch the baby.

I think I'll even refrain from tv that broadcasts after midnight tonight. But it seems like Scrubs reruns are probably safe.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

You can count on me not to spoil it for you. I've been wondering myself how to avoid hearing spoilers, since I figure it will take ages to read it. Unless, of course we decide to hire a babysitter for the first time so that we can read!

Karianna said...

I will not spoil it for anyone. I promise. Probably because everyone will finish before me. But that is only 'cause my book is shipping tomorrow, not arriving tomorrow.

What a sad thing to feel rushed while reading for fear of spoilers, but I'll do it anyway!

On one hand, I wish people would stay silent for a week or so. But on the other, I know they are going to want to talk - because whatever happens, it will be big. And people will want support.

And the mean people will want to be mean.