Thursday, May 10, 2007

Update on the baby-to-be


Ultrasound:
Unfortunately, despite a thorough organ inspection and some cute still-photos, this ultrasound did not include a weight or growth update. But kidneys, stomach, liver, spine, heart, and umbilical cord are all doing well. The fluid is measuring as 24.7cm, which is down from a few weeks ago, when it was 27cm. 25cm is the cut-off for 'normal', so my doctor is very excited that I no longer have the label of "polyhydramnios". I'm excited, too!

OB visit: In addition to no longer being polyhydramniotic or whatever it's called, I also lost three pounds since last week! I know that sounds seriously weird to be excited about, but I've gained a lot of weight with this pregnancy. It's all baby, I know, but still, it's a lot to suddenly tote around everywhere. Anyway, I think it's from the effect of the dietary changes I've made over the past month on the suggestions of the nutritionist I met with in April. That might also account for the decrease in fluid, too. The baby's probably slowing down on her weight gain, I HOPE! She's at least 7 pounds by now.
I have to have a non-stress test at all my OB visits from now on, which is time-consuming and annoying, mostly because (1) everything is always absolutely fine, and (2) the baby does NOT cooperate. She moves around, kicks at the monitor thingy, and at this last one, she tried to hide from it by backing away from the belly toward my spine.
The nurses agree with me that she's a saucy one.

No comments: