Friday, January 26, 2007

Weekend Plans in IM form

(I let her pick her nickname; I take no credit)

me: I had my monthly Dr. appt, and she measured and said I measured at 26 weeks, but I'm only 23 weeks.
she says it's probably a growth spurt, which is normal, but technically anyone who measures as 3 weeks ahead or more has to go have an ultrasound
so we go tomorrow.
Shut_In_w/Cats: that's good right?
Shut_In_w/Cats: it means you are healthy?
me: well, it's not really good or really bad. That's why they have to do a test.
me: But maybe we will get more photos!
Shut_In_w/Cats: that's good the test... information!
me: If it's just a growth spurt, then that's ok. If the baby's growing a lot consistently, that might mean an early induction. If there's a freaky tumor growing in there, then omg I don't know.
But really, I suspect growth spurt.
Shut_In_w/Cats: spurt spurt!
me: I'm not really worried. I'll worry when they tell me to worry.
me: We're going over to the hospital early, though, because I have to do this weird blood test thing, too.
It's a totally routine thing
Shut_In_w/Cats: eeek
i hate blood tests!
me: I'm just trying to get everything in in one trip
oh, this is a weird one - it's The Glucose Challenge!
Shut_In_w/Cats: weirds!
me: I go in, and they give me a sugary beverage (free drink!)
and then I have to sit there for an hour and not go anywhere and not do/drink/eat anything
me: and THEN they take the blood.
but my plan is that after that, I have a little food and head upstairs for the ultrasound.
With 'challenge' in the name, I feel like I should win a prize.
I Met The Glucose Challenge!!
Shut_In_w/Cats: no prize.. evidently just larger baby!
me: yeah. that's unrelated.
she's overachieving.
aim for average, little baby!
no rush! Rushing makes Mommy worried you're going to be HUGE!

So that's it for my weekend plans.
It's supposed to be really cold, so it's probably best to stay inside the rest of the time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your blog is pwetty.

Karianna said...

Yeah. I was all dizzy after all that sugar. The Glucose Challenge is indeed challenging.

But then I ate a sandwich and it was all good.

JJ said...

Update:
So, I Met The Glucose Challenge, and that went fine, and then I went upstairs for the ultrasound. Halfway through the ultrasound, I got really dizzy and felt like I was going to pass out, but all was remedied by drinking lots of water. My Dr. had said that the wee faintness I had felt before was due to low volume, and that all I had to do was drink water, and was she ever right. This was a much more serious dizzy than before, but plain water brought me right back to fine.
I don't think the sugary drink caused it, I think it was just that I wasn't allowed to drink any water during the Challenge.

JJ said...

Oh, and the results of the ultrasound were just totally normal. Baby's at 23 weeks as expected, and my fluid looks normal, too. Don't know why belly measures so big; I've gained a normal amount of weight. So whatever, it's fine.